Sunday 15 July 2012

RD minus 13 days: Breaking the bad news!

I decided to write this up as I get an epiphany that quitting housemanship are not equal to quitting your life. While many had prejudged that those who quit have dark, bleak future as our degree are pretty much useless out there if we were to use it to apply for other profession, I've heard many news about "quitter's" success.

5 years in medical school. They taught us about breaking bad news and greatly emphasize about it on yearly basis. They even put it up on OSCE to assess our ability in breaking bad news!

Yet nothing compare to this anxiety that came along with this question - how do you break bad news to your parent that wish so hard that you became doctor, that you are tormented, tortured and needing relieve so badly? How do you break the news that you already had other option which is more rewarding in the future while sacrificing your current job, trading good pay with good life?

In view of this issue, my wife and I have decided that we'll tell no one, except my mother and my grandmother who are cool-headed and able to process the idea well. I have decided to let  them know by themselves in few coming months/ years while swallowing the fact I'm happier with my new job instead of being a doctor

I submitted my resume last week. They have promised me that they call me within two week time for my interview. I'm certain that I have secured myself a position as they need staff so badly and I was informed that I'll be handling KKM's portfolio as I have a special set of skill. Let see how I fare in two weeks time!

RD minus 13 days and counting

Wish me luck, my dearest friend!

Ex-BranulaThing

1 comment:

  1. Hey. I know it has been so long sincw this post but job did u applied? Im in a rough position as well and i just cant wait to quit but im still working on my options

    ReplyDelete